PROJECT UPDATE – March 2016
You won’t want to miss keynote Victor Calanog, Reis Inc, whose talk will address:
- An election year update on specific property types and geographic markets.
- The impact of equity market volatility on commercial real estate.
- The direct and indirect impact of plummeting oil prices on CRE so far. Who is hurting the most? Is it helping anyone?
- Non-domestic political risks – what needs to happen before these weigh on domestic economic growth?
- The outlook from the fed – how CCAR guidance suggests increasing downside risk.
Other topics include: Potential Impact of Sovereign Wealth Fund Capital Allocations to CRE, CRE From Every Angle – Polling the Pros, How Loans are Getting Repaid in Today’s Market and more.
Plus, we’ve scheduled more than six networking events throughout the conference to provide attendees the chance to interact with the most respected professionals in the industry.
The Ins and Outs of Franchise agreements
If an owner defaults on debt service, what happens with the franchise agreement?
Bankruptcy, foreclosure or receiver appointment are all standard cases of default in a franchise agreement. During a bankruptcy however, the court may require a franchisor to continue doing business with the debtor, while state receivership laws have no such provisions.
Most commercial loans include an agreement between the lender and the franchisor stipulating that if the borrower/franchisee defaults, the lender may cure the default in order to keep the franchise in place. Without such an agreement — commonly called a “comfort agreement” or “comfort letter” — neither the lender nor a receiver has any legal right to force the franchisor to allow the use of its brand. Read More
Trigild’s Most Recent Projects
- 200,000 sq. ft. retail center in Modesto, CA
- 100 room newly renovated full service resort with a restaurant/bar, spa, indoor pool and meeting/conference space in Brian Head, UT
- 165 room hotel located in Ontario, CA
- April 20-21, 2016, Trigild Spring Conference, Dallas TX
- May 2-4, 2016, Meet the Money, Los Angeles, CA (Bill Hoffman, Speaking; Judy Hoffman, Attending; Jeff Santoni Attending)
Multifamily Starts Above Pre-Recession Levels – Commercial Property Executive
Exceptional Year Forecast for Self-Storage Assets – National Real Estate Investor
Collect and Defend: How to Handle Residents’ Data – Multifamily Executive
Commercial, Multifamily Mortgage Debt Outstanding Hits $2.83 Trillion in U.S. – World Property Journal