PROJECT UPDATE – November 2018
Uncertainty Sets the Tone at the 18th Annual Trigild Lender Conference
Eighteenth Annual Event Held in San Diego
Economic uncertainty, globalization, the high cost of housing and retail woes were among the many weighty issues addressed at the 18th annual Trigild Lender Conference, held October 17-19 at the Hard Rock Hotel in downtown San Diego.
The three-day event drew participants from around the nation, according to Judy Hoffman, conference founder and president of Trigild, a San Diego-based real estate services firm.
A slate of compelling panelists and speakers – including futurist Peter Leyden of Reinvent; noted economist Sam Chandan, Ph.D.; and Ten-X’s Peter Muoio, Ph.D. – provided timely insight on complex issues related to commercial real estate, investment trends and the overall economy.
Keynote speaker Peter Leyden founder and CEO of Reinvent and a leading expert on new technologies and future trends, addressed the “Our Age of Global Transformation,” distilling the essence of key technology developments and major trends restructuring the world and unfolding in the decades ahead.
Key points of his presentation included:
- How digitalization and globalization are transforming the world and what to expect in the years to come.
- One of the biggest changes to emerge in this new age: artificial intelligence (AI).
- By 2030, 30 percent of U.S. jobs will be impacted by automation – white collar as well as blue collar.
- Paradigm shifts have necessitated a dramatic reinvention of systems which could impact the real estate industries.
- Climate change and its impact on real estate.
- The need to re-purpose land and build more affordable housing
Trigild’s Most Recent Projects
- Property manager for retail property in Las Vegas, NV
- Receiver for two multifamily buildings in Vernal, UT
- Property manager for commercial building in La Jolla, CA
Trigild in the News
Why Office Transaction Volumes are Stagnant – GlobeSt.com
Receivership firm Trigild takes on Diverse Challenges – The Daily Transcript
Expect Interest Rates to Increase through 2020 – GlobeSt.com
The Large and Small of CMBS – Scotsman Guide
Surprises in Capital Markets – Both Debt and Equity – GlobeSt.com