Best Western Valencia Inn
Property Type: Focused Service Hotel
Location: Valencia, CA
# of Rooms: 120 Rooms
NOI: Increased by 39%
Value Created: Increased Total Revenue by 17%
Trigild was appointed to manage the hotel in November 2013. Located within a mile of Six Flags Park, the hotel is primarily targeted to a leisure market. The property had undergone a complete renovation of all guest rooms and public areas in late 2012 and early 2013. There is an outstanding PIP for the hotel that Trigild negotiated with the Best Western Association to complete by 2017.
- Implemented weekly revenue meetings to review the comp set’s room rates, demand in the area and the historical rates and occupancy for the hotel.
- Shopped and worked with the competing hotels for their rates and occupancy and overflow business.
- Implemented a bi-weekly ordering system and weekly and monthly inventories of supplies and linen and terry to control and monitor expenses.
- Trained all staff members on brand standard compliance and clearly communicated guest concerns and comments with the staff.
- Launched “Star of the Month” program and improved communications with regular employee meetings to improve morale and decrease staff turnover.
- Uncovered deferred maintenance items and expedited the needed repairs to improve the physical property and guest satisfaction
- Upgraded the Complimentary Breakfast by implementing guest suggestions; changing the menu to fit guest needs while adhering to brand standards.
- Increased Average Daily Rate by $5 or 15%
- Led the market in STR index RevPAR growth
- Improved the RevPAR by 13%
- Increased GOP by 32%
- Lowered labor costs through online brand training and deploying department managers to assist with guest needs