Holiday Inn Ontario
Property Type: Hotel
Location: Southern California
# of Units: 180
Trigild was selected to build and open this 180 unit, full service hotel with 5,000 square feet of meeting space and a restaurant and lounge. Located in Southern California, it is in a fantastic location near the Ontario Airport and within walking distance of the Ontario Convention Center and only 35 miles from Los Angeles.
- Trigild’s hospitality team was responsible for all planning and implementation associated with new construction of the property, including permitting, design, licensing, franchise compliance, IT, communication systems and kitchen design.
- As construction commenced, the team also managed activities associated with opening the property, including hiring qualified staff, conducting training, pre-opening sales & marketing and selection and ordering of all equipment and supplies.
- Once the property opened, continued on as the management company
- The property sold out, due to the NASCAR weekend, with an average rate for February of $143.75; and exceeded total revenue by $30,056.
- IHG was so impressed with the property, it was chosen as the set for filming two IHG commercials.
- The Holiday Inn Ontario was awarded the IHG “Newcomer of the Year” award for 2009, along with the later “Torchbearer” award. It also received the region’s top overall satisfaction score two years in a row, 2008 and 2009.
- Operational efficiency was on target as the hotel generated food costs at 29% (below the industry average of 32%)and beverage costs at 16% (below the industry average of 19%).
- The property generated a GOP of 37% the first year and 39% the second year of operation, above the industry average for a full service hotel.