Holiday Inn Santa Maria
Market: Santa Barbara, CA
# of Rooms: 207 Rooms
RevPAR: Increased by 28%
Occupancy: Increased by 40%
Gross Operating Profit: 53%
The Holiday Inn Santa Maria is a 207 unit full service hotel with a restaurant/lounge and 2,000 square feet of meeting space. High expenses and operational inefficiencies were having a negative impact on profitability.
- Reduced Hourly labor costs at the front desk, housekeeping and the food & beverage outlets through lean operating procedures
- Reduced the use of outside contractors
- Implemented expense reduction efforts which included consolidating vendors to gain better pricing, changing staff uniforms to eliminate dry cleaning costs and utilizing Trigild’s in-house accounting staff to reduce cost of outside accounting firm.
- Applied processes which ensured that issues are addressed in a timely manner within IHG and by the GM.
- Executed other initiatives such as weekly revenue management calls along with front office and sales training that helped increase revenue.
- Reduced payroll costs by nearly $250,000 annually
- Increased GOP to 53%
- Increased YTD year over year occupancy market share by 40% and RevPar by 28%
- Customer service scores have improved in the F&B areas and housekeeping
- Reduced food costs by 9%, beverage costs by 4%
- Increased IHG Hotel Rating among all Holiday Inns by 75% to 116